Saturday, July 2, 2011

DONKEY, MULE AND STALLION




I was very fond of my old donkey. I felt, if I treated it right, it would last at least another 5 or maybe even 10 years. It only had 89 thousand miles on it's odometer. Never the less Toyota would not let it pass inspection and they offered to buy it back from me. I was very upset that the government was forcing Toyota to pull my beloved little truck off the road. Apparently the spare tire, which hangs underneath the truck's bed, fall from their rotting hangers causing mayhem on the road. The donkey's spare was hanging low.


Yesterday I went to Toyota with a heavy heart and an attitude. After talking to the nice man at Toyota, he reassured me that it was a good deal and that I should speak with the Toyota rep.

Long story short the woman at the Toyota headquarters, without a moments hesitation, told me that the trucks had to be pulled off the road and that they were prepared to offer me 13 thousand dollars for it. The donkey suddenly became a mule.

I bought that little truck seven years ago as a used vehicle with 39 thousand miles worn. I paid 10 thousand dollars for it. Needless to say, I breathlessly told her she could have it.

I went back to the dealership with some buying power. Hopefully, if the bank approves my loan application for 8 thousand bucks, I will ride away with that pretty red stallion they have in their window.



No comments:

Post a Comment